Road Safety for Learner drivers and their instructors
Approximately every six months a forum for Learner drivers and their instructors is held in the Lithgow Local Government Area (LGA). A workshop is held in May of each year and then in September. The workshops are two hours in duration, are free of charge and are conducted by Lithgow City Council in conjunction with the RTA.
The “Helping Learner Drivers Become Safer Drivers” workshop offers parents and supervisors of learner driver’s hands on advice on how to provide the most effective driving practice for a learner.
The workshop covers topics such as:
- The new laws for learner and P plate drivers
- How to plan on road driving sessions
- How to use the Learner driver log book
- The changes to the Graduated Licensing Scheme
- The length of time required for holding your L plates
- The minimum number of supervised driving hours required
- Mobile phone use, alcohol, speeding and driver fatigue and passenger restrictions
Parents, supervisors and learner drivers can also discuss any issues or ask any questions they may have with people in the same situation.
If you would like further information on the Learner driver workshops please call Miss Kym Snow, Road Safety Officer for Lithgow City Council on 02 63 54 9999.